During the summer months, it is especially important to take care of the health of the heart. Immediately take measures to avoid diseases associated with extreme heat, doctors recommend.
“Summer heat virtually” stresses “the heart, especially during exercise. Thus the body activity and the increase of the air temperature increase the body temperature. High humidity further complicates the situation, because sweat can not easily evaporate through the skin.
The body reacts with the supply of more blood in the skin to cool it, resulting in a lower blood flow through the muscles, and therefore an increase in heart rate, “explains Dr. Allen Gertler, a British cardiologist at the University of Alabama. Symptoms of warning of possible health problems caused by the heat can be the following: muscle spasms, nausea, vomiting, weakness, headache, dizziness, confusion, irritability, cold sweat.
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Practice in the early hours or evenings, when the temperature is significantly lower.
- Wear lightweight clothes.
- Choose a bright, comfortable cotton T-shirt and short pants during exercise to make you more comfortable.
- Drink 2 to 3 dl of water for half an hour before physical activity. Than drink an additional 2 dl every 30 minutes during exercise. Consume sports drinks during any activity that lasts more than one hour.
- Take the early or late hours.